Friends in Faith,
Lent begins tomorrow. It’s a season to make space for our souls. It’s the time we remember Jesus’ journey to the cross – and to the resurrection. This week, FPC has a whole host of opportunities to deepen and broaden your journey:
- Tonight (Feb 13): Flipped – Fat Tuesday Pancake Supper and Talent Show 5:30-7pm in McKinley Hall. Pancakes will be served and all are invited to share their talents – or lack-there-of – for an evening of fun before Lent begins: http://bit.ly/FPCBFlipped
- Tomorrow (Feb 14): Ash Wednesday Service 7-8pm in the Sanctuary. A simple evening service at the beginning of Lent where we’ll remember our mortality – and God’s totality – and receive the mark of ashes.
- Thursday (Feb 15): Interfaith Book Study – Exodus and Revolution 7:30-9pm at Beacon Hebrew Alliance (331 Verplanck Avenue). This 6-week class will rotate to different houses of worship in Beacon, culminating with a special guest from the NYS Poor People’s Campaign. To register (required) go to: http://bit.ly/ExodusRevolution
- Saturday (Feb 17): Presbyterians 101 10-11:30am in the Edgar Library. For those new to our church or those who want a refresher. This 3-week course is required to join the church. To register go to: http://bit.ly/FPCB101
- Sunday (Feb 18): First Sunday of Lent Worship 10-11am in the Sanctuary. The colors will shift to purple, and our spirits will ponder the power of death – and the promise of life eternal.
- Monday (Feb 19): Vision Boards 12:30-2:30pm in the Amity Arts Center. Come and explore what you are seeking to bring into your life during Lent. Free and all materials provided. For adults and families.
Wow, that’s a lot of opportunities! However you choose to begin the season of Lent, may you find space for your soul.